The Andrew Mann Inn, c. 1787, was one of the very first structures built along the Susquehanna (Catskill) Turnpike in Sidney (then Unadilla) New York. The inn opened as a way station for settlers traveling west from New England and points east. At the time of its construction only Native American settlements, descendants of the Husatunnuk people who once lived in the area, existed on the north east side of the Susquehanna River.
Now serving as a private home, the current owners are in the process of restoring the building and have a long term goal of making it into a central point in the study of historic preservation. The goal is to have the inn become a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of historic trades such as blacksmiths, woodworkers, masons and other artisans.
This website will be used to document the restoration process process and act as a central resource for historic preservation topics.